Special Assistant to PM Imran Khan on Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Dr Sania Nishtar has asked citizens to send an SMS carrying their CNIC # to “8171” to check their eligibility status to get cash grants Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program in the wake of Coronavirus.
In a video message, she said 12million families will get a cash of 12,000 each to buy grocery items. She said it is one-time assistance and 144billion rupees have been allocated for the purpose.
however, she said that additional resources may be earmarked if the demand is higher of Ehsas Emergency Cash assistance.
As per the instructions, only one person from one family can apply for the Ehsaas emergency cash program.
However, these people are not eligible to apply for the program.
- Those who do not have to own a valid CNIC.
- Those having international travel history.
- Those who own a property.
- Those who have utility bills more than Rs.10,000.
- Own a passport, or have applied for one and their spouses.
- Those who are already registered to any other relief scheme under the federal government.
- Current or former government employees and their spouses.
- Those who submit mobile bills equal to or more than Rs 1,000.
- Three or more family members have got their CNIC with executive fees.
she also said that transfer of cash assistance will be ensured in a transparent and rule-based manner.
There will be “three types” of responses to people’s SMS seeking cash assistance, which include eligible, ineligible, and contact to your respective district administration.
The employee of governments is not eligible for assistance. She said existing Kafalat beneficiaries, who are getting regular cash transfer of 2,000 per month, will be given an additional one thousand rupees hence, they too will get a tranche of 12,000 rupees covering four months.
Dr Sania Nishtar said that deserving families will get cash assistance of 12,000 rupees after biometric verification through over 18,065 sale points or retail shops of Habib Bank and Bank Al-Falah across Pakistan.